I’ve finished my cardigan!
Pattern: Marilyn’s Not-so-shrunken cardigan from Knit and tonic
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool
Needles: US 5
Notes: Overall I’m pretty happy with this sweater. It passes the test of not looking homemade, and I love the color. This photo is true to the actual color, unlike all the others I’ve taken. My only beef with this pattern is that it lacked a listing of finished measurements. The raglan depth was too much I think, and in the future I will stop my raglans sooner – it called for 9.5″ and that was just too much (I have skinny arms.) I tried it on at the time, but I must have been confused. I added 1 extra set of waist decreases, and did only one row of ruffles. I also modified the ruffles to make them more exaggerated by occasionally double crocheting 3 times into one stitch. I added 2 inches to the sleeve length to make 3/4 length sleeves. This sweater looks nice over any looser top – either button down shirts as in the modeled photo, or a loose camisole. I’ll try to get a modeled shot, but it won’t be today – I won’t see Marc til I finish teaching at 8, and it will be long dark then.
I’ll leave you with a shot of the buttons and ruffles instead.
Oh, I do have the obligatory “in the mirror” shot!
Last night after sewing on the buttons I cast on for Wicked. I’ve finished the collar and made it through 4 raglan increases.