I cannot seem to settle down to do any one thing this week! Now that graduation is over I seem to have acres of free time, but also tons of things to fill all my free time with. So it’s time for another post of scattered thoughts – if I wait until I can come up with a single topic I know I won’t post for a week!
- I think I need to sew some tops. It’s been challenging this month, in part because I have so few tops for warm weather. I love knit tops, so I need to get up and make some! I’m having some trouble deciding on what to make next. Look for a post soon on my plans!
- My husband and I are traveling to Minneapolis/st. Paul in a few weeks for my Godson’s baptism. We plan to travel through Chicago, Milwaulkee and probably Madison, so any suggestions for fabric stores along that route are more than welcome – I’m definitely planning on dragging Marc there! In addition, I might be interested in a meetup, but it depends on my schedule. Graduation has caused me to be slow at planning!
- I have acquired new electronics again. It’s funny, because my husband is the computer guy, but I’m the one who always wants all the gadgets! My Mom bought me a Kindle touch for a graduation present and I love it. I’ve become a little obsessed with it, to tell you the truth! I’ve downloaded a ton a free classic books to it. Currently I’m reading “Three Men in a boat“. How have I missed this book? Highly recommended for fans of British humor. I also got a PSP, because I am behind the times, but I figured it would be good for travel (besides the trip this summer I’m looking at a long choir tour in Europe (Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic and Slovakia) in the spring.) I love to travel, and I’m grateful to have the opportunity.
- I finished P90x – woo! I gained a lot of strength through the program – I went from being able to do 4 pushups on my toes to 18, and now I can do full pull-ups. I’d recommend the program to anyone looking for a solid strength program. Be aware though that there are some limitations, as follows:
- I did all the weight workouts as proscribed (3x per week.) There were a few weeks where I was feeling bad so I skipped the repeat of the exercises. Most of the videos are structured so that it’s easy to do a half workout rotation just by skipping the repeats (or in the leg workout skipping the back sections, as there is another back video).
- Speaking of that legs video, you will do it every week, and that is a lot. I got pretty tired of it at the end, but I do think it’s a decent workout. There were a few weeks I subbed a barre workout instead. It’s mostly unweighted (or light weights) so I feel that works.
- I only did the YogaX dvd once. Instead I subbed other yoga (I joined “My yoga online” and really love it!) It do think yoga helps, and I’m glad this got me started. I try to do it twice a week now.
- I hardly did any cardio. The weather has been nice, so I walk everywhere, and I call that good enough. I didn’t notice any adverse effects from that, though I’m sure I should do more.
- Now that I’ve finished P90x I plan to start Cathe Friedrich’s STS (I have some of her step and strength dvds and love them.) I probably won’t start until after our trip, as I’m too busy right now!
And… that’s all for tonight. I haven’t had time to sew this week, but I hope to catch some time soon. Things are generally slower for me in the summer, but I’m not sure that’s going to be the case this year.