Yes, I’ve been taking pictures of myself again. Poor Marc is sick in bed, so I did my best.
I finished one of the sleeves on Sahara, and I am not pleased.
It’s too big. I saw a finished one on craftster with the same problem. I think that the short row shaping doesn’t really allow for fitted sleeves. I’m not going to leave it this way, since I know I would be unhappy. This picture doesn’t really show the extent of the problem anyway… it’s actually larger than it looks here, and sort of stands out funny from the shoulder.(I have thin arms too, which aren’t helping matters.)
I have probably a little less than 2 balls of yarn remaining. I’ve finished everything else, including the neckline (which I love, but I didn’t love those P3tog TBLs.) I’m really not sure how long of a sleeve I can get out of the yarn I have remaining, but I’m pretty sure I can get them long enough to negate the giant floppy armhole effect. Since the sleeve cap shaping is the same for the long sleeved version I won’t have to rip very far. My other option would be to attempt adjusting the short rows, but I’m not sure I’m feeling that adventurous… and I like 3/4 length sleeves anyway.
I’m using my 16″ circulars for the sleeves. I prefer DPNs, but I don’t have any in the right size, and the short rows would be annoying on DPNs I think. But man do those little circs do a number on my wrists! I may wait until tomorrow to attempt any sweater surgery.
But in good news I did finally recieve my UPS package. He didn’t come before I went to work (and I don’t work til 5 pm!) but Marc caught him… and now I have lovely new yarns, which will get the full loving photo treatment tomorrow when there is sunlight.