I’m planning to make Vogue 1317 for my next project:
I bought the fabric a few months ago, and was inspired by Erica B’s finished project today. I am going to make it in either the magenta/plum color above or this turquoise knit:
I’m in love with both colors (the plum is much darker than it looks above, a very nice color for me.) I’m planning to omit the lining and the back zipper. I love ponte!
Thanks for all the nice comments on my last dress. I wore it to teach at the university, and the college age girls loved it, so I guess that means it’s trendy! I’m planning to take it on my trip – it’s quite warm! I’m hoping this dress will also work out.
I also received a very nice blog award from Alison at Cats and Crafts. She posed 11 questions, so I will answer them here:
- What other crafts do you do? I’ve been doing a lot of cross stitch lately. I love it, but wish it wasn’t so hard to find designs that aren’t religious or country themed. I don’t enjoy needlepoint or embroidery as much.
- What is your favorite food? Sushi! I love all Japanese food, but I’m a sushi addict. A great place opened on my street last year, and it hasn’t been great for my budget!
- How tall are you? I’m 5 foot 8 inches tall. True story, I grew 6 inches in college!
- What is your best physical feature? How does that affect what sorts of garments you sew, knit, etc.? I think I have a nice clavicle/collarbone area. Yes, that’s a random thing to like. I almost never make high necklines because not only does that hide it, it actually looks a little strange to me.
- Can you drive a stick shift? No, much to my husband’s chagrin. He loves them, but I don’t see the point of adding something else to pay attention to. I tried to learn twice and failed.
- What is your worst habit? I am a big coffee drinker. Now that I’m working away from home I find myself at the coffeeshop every day (mostly Einstein Bagels, since that’s what we have in the student center.)
- What are three words you would use to describe yourself? Opinionated, introverted, sarcastic. Things that don’t seem to go together, hmm…
- Do you have any random or bizarre talents? I don’t know that it’s bizarre, but I read extremely quickly. I don’t skim or speed read, I just am able to read whole sentences in one glance. I’m also a really good sightreader (in music) and I think the two are connected.
- Would you ever go sky diving or bungee jumping? (Or have you ever been sky diving or bungee jumping?) Nope. I am super risk averse. I could not even imagine wanting to do those things.
- Who is your favorite fashion designer? I love Carolina Herrera. Her designs are timeless and feminine, and I love how they work for all ages.
- What is the best advice you ever got from another blog? When I was first learning to sew, Robyn at Yarn Crawl gave me some great book suggestions. They enabled me to start my new (and current favorite) hobby!